15 June, 2014

How it All Began

I believe it goes without saying that we are, of course, fans of the Harry Potter series by the illustrious J.K. Rowling. In fact, this generation of the Cole family got its start at a midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. After that fateful night, Mr. Cole and I dated, and became engaged a mere month afterward. We were married six months later.

The following year, when Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince came out, we obviously made plans to attend the midnight showing. In preparation, we went online to buy wands of our own. When Mr. Cole's father saw this, he said, "I'll bet I could make those."

And he did.

It wasn't long before he had taught us all he knew and given us the tools to produce wands on our own. A few wands were sold at the theater that year, and we had high hopes for the next.

By the time Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part One released, we had made over fifty wands of varying styles. At the midnight showing, we sold all but perhaps five or six. The same was true for the midnight showing of Part Two.

The most amazing part of selling these wands to young excited witches and wizards (and a few muggles) was seeing a match made. The look on a persons face when they pick up the wand meant for them, is absolutely priceless. How I wish we could do the same for each and every person who reads this blog!

We love doing this, truly. It's a hobby we take so much pleasure in. We hope one of our wands is calling your name.

-Mrs. Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment